Friday, June 12, 2009

final

My favorite section of the class was probably one of the early sections. Either on the different branches and their specific roles or federalism was pretty interesting too. I know you said in class you hate when people say they aren't political and I realize that in some way everyone is but before this class i was probably the least political a citizen could possibliy be. Bartletts article was definitely talking about me , although I definitely believe that a lot of his generalizations were outlandish. I do believe that these were largely ingnorant generalizations and this is mainly backed by the turnout of the Millennial generation in this past presidential election. However, this generation is comprised of people that have characteristics that Bartlett was refering to and before this class I was definitely one of them. The least interesting portion of this class was probably the chapter about the media. To me as big of an impact that, that particular area may have on politics its not the juicy part that talks about issues and how things work. It simply is how politics is shown to Americans and the controls the government has on them. I dunno, just was not that interesting to me for some reason.

My knowledge of government before class was struggling! I mean in history classes I learned about the make up of our government and all that but current politics and the details and all the little areas that are behind the scenes and that make politics go today were foreign to me. I feel like my knowledge has improved immensly and that I atleast have a general, if not detailed, overview of all of American politics from its history to present and whats to come. I also have a much more driven passion to get involved and continue to broaden my knowledge on politics. It is something that I think I have begun to take much more pride in since the beginning of class.

I touched on this earlier and spoke about my beliefs of Bartlett and what he said about our generation. I think that it was definitely a geralization, however, I believe thier to be some truth to it. I think we are lazy and caught up in a lot of areas of life that don't really matter and do not think we are nearly politically involved as we need to be. I do, however, believe that a lot of people in our generation, hence the turnout for the presidential election, are not like this and are extremely passionate about politics.

I can do a lot of things to make my commitment to this country stronger. The most important thing that I can do is start to participate politically and try and be heard. Try to make a difference and fight for what I believe in. If I sit back and allow my ignorance on the way this country is ran continue I will have no medicare, social security, and this country will probably eventually fall to china or another country on the rise. This is what will happen if we all do not become more politically active. We have to continue to hold our government accountable and make them make changes that will prolong America's dynasty!

I thought this class was awesome and it defnitely opened my eyes to so many areas of life that I need to become more involved in. Thank you soooooo much for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment